Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to know what is the minimum voltage that a micro-controller can detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie.max15

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the project that i am working on i need to detect a signal coming from the mic which is a very weak and in the range of 1mV.

So i need to know can my micro-controller detect that as a high on any port pin...

Or what is the minimum voltage that is required so that the uC can detect and trigger a high in any pin to which it is connected...

Please reply fast if anyone can help...

In the project that i am working on i need to detect a signal coming from the mic which is a very weak and in the range of 1mV.

So i need to know can my micro-controller detect that as a high on any port pin...

Or what is the minimum voltage that is required so that the uC can detect and trigger a high in any pin to which it is connected...

Please reply fast if anyone can help...

Refer the datasheet of the controller which you are using............

hello,

see microchip with 12bits ADC
so you will get 1mV of resolution
to get deeper resolution use external Adc 16 or 18... bits

one doubt...

from the datasheet i got this information

For a supply 2.4v - 5.5v the VIL threshold is < 0.3 * Vcc , VIH > 0.6 *Vcc .

As av example for 5 supply the low threshold is 0.3 * 5v = 1.5v and the High threshold is 0.6 * 5v =3v

what does that mean???

A number of microprocessors is equipped with an analog comparator module that can detect mV voltages. Also ADC inputs could be used. But you won't achieve 1 mV accuracy due to offset voltages and limited ADC resolution. An external preamplifier or comparator seems to be a more suitable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back