Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

masking/disabling selected timing violation in GLS in VCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

what is the issue -
in my GLS run I see many timing violations, now on selected port/module I wanted to disbale/mask any setup/hold/recovery/removal violation.
Question is how do I do that? what command I use? and how I use that command? In VCS

I have checked related site, and internet,

I came across notimingcheck. But is this command can be used for selected port/module? if yes how to use? any eg/syntax?

I came across tcheck command, which is related to ucli. Here I am confused - i have some sub questions
- i know full form of UCLI, but how it is related to VCS
- can I use ucli with vcs? if yes when i can use it? & how?

There are members who are experienced & who has used it frequently- thats why i am posting it over here... Thanking you all

please share your inputs/comments/ideas..

Hello,
notimingcheck is disable the whole circuit timing check,means it will not take SDF at input ,it is used for the unit delay simulation.

You can do like :
1) force the input using the verilog file for particular time,by doing this you are not disabling any violation but just making constant for partiucular pin for particular time.
u can force any instance inside the chip.
2) if you want to do for just test purpose,thn just change the SDF w.r.t your requirement,thn do the simulation again.

Can I know why you want to disable the timing check for port/module..means what is the main objective/purpose to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back