Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit connection for hall sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit.pngView attachment Hall sensor.pdf

i am using hall sensor and i have connected as shown in the attached picture.. As in the datasheet mentioned, the quiscent voltage of about 2.5V is not coming.. Instead i am measuring I am measuring 0.71V without magnet and 0.11V when magnet placed near to it...Please let me know what mistake have i done?

You try to use this Hall sensor on wrong way, this is "only" magnetic flux Hall sensor. These ratiometric Hall-effect sensor ICs provide a voltage output that is proportional to the applied magnetic field. Circuit current should not pass through this sensor, this sensor is for measuring magnetic flux with ferrite core. Probably you kill like rabbit that Hall what you try to use, get another.

There is other type of Hall sensors where current pass throught Hall sensors. You can see ACS712 serie of Hall sensor, this sensor is used on similar way what you try. With ACS712 type of Hall sensors or similar, you dont need ferrite core.

;-)

Last edited:

You try to use this Hall sensor on wrong way, this is "only" magnetic flux Hall sensor. These ratiometric Hall-effect sensor ICs provide a voltage output that is proportional to the applied magnetic field. Circuit current should not pass through this sensor, this sensor is for measuring magnetic flux with ferrite core. Probably you kill like rabbit that Hall what you try to use, get another.

There is other type of Hall sensors where current pass throught Hall sensors. You can see ACS712 serie of Hall sensor, this sensor is used on similar way what you try.

;-)

thanq for the reply..

i need voltage output with proportional to the magnetic field..

the current must be passed through the hall element in the sensor, then only we get the voltage.. What do u mean by circuit current should not pass??

else shall i use capacitor across voltage regulator input and gnd? will this work?

the current must be passed through the hall element in the sensor, then only we get the voltage.. What do u mean by circuit current should not pass??

No you dont have that type of Hall sensor, this Hall uses supply power for his needs, and on output gives voltage as result of measuring magnetic flux. ACS712 like or similar sensors pass circuit current throught sensor, but not this, this is just for magnetic flux. Power supply for your sensor can be from other source, from some battery, other psu circuit,.... When current changing in wire, magnetic field also changing around wire, and that is what Hall sensor measure and based on that gives output in some voltage range.

else shall i use capacitor across voltage regulator input and gnd? will this work?

Yes, we should respect manufacturer recommendations for usage of product.

I suggest reading of some tutorials about Hall sensors, this can give you some additional lights on this thematic. Just search Internet as "Hall sensor circuit...".

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/electromagnetism/hall-effect.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHB1m9UMi0s

please see the attachment page 5...

he also used sensor similar to me and his apllication also somewat similar..

Attachments

• ZIMPORTANT.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 106

You sensor should be used as this examples (just one example from many):

30551_15lo.jpg Fig102.gif

please see the attachment page 5...

he also used sensor similar to me and his apllication also somewat similar..

In this PDF on page #5 circuit shows exact what I say earlier, and clearly shows that load is not connected over Hall sensor. From Hall sensor they use just Vout for reading. And this A1302 is my favorite, its replacement for obsolete UGN3503.

Circuit form Page #5:

Page5 circuit.jpg

In this circuit voltage regulator is used to supply only Hall sensor, and Hall sensor gives some voltage on Vout pin. There is no load on Vout pin.

Your circuit can be ok, if you use Vout only for measuring voltage from Hall sensor, not to supply some load through that pin.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
so i can use the sensor i am having now without the load...?

actually i am measuring same voltage reading across the load and directly from sensor output...

You can use your circuit, without load and that resistor on Vout from Hall sensor, and probably with new sensor, actual sensor is maybe dead or it is seriously injured. :)

You measuring voltage between Gnd and Vout, and that circuit is separate (can be) from circuit where you want to measure.

;-)

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi tpetar,

one more clarification from u.. watever the sensor is, we should be able to measure quiescent voltage, but i am not able to measure tat... :???:

u can check this **broken link removed**

unfortunately the sensor i am using has been stopped.. is my sensor is failure? and i have ordered the alternative mentioned by them..

Check all connections, if you have correct connections and do measuring on right way, and if there is no expected results, then your sensor is defected, and need replacement.

A1321, A1322, A1323 are discontinued! Use A1302KUA-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.