Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input/output characteristics of the PFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer4ever

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi :)

I am trying to draw the input/output characteristics of the PFD on Cadence to check the dead zone. I tried to find a way to simulate the dead zone but I failed. Would anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance,

PFD has a transfer function being as Current/Phase Difference.Apply two square wave signal generator with same frequency and with same duty cycle, do a transient simulation.Fix one of them and change the phase of the second one from -PI to PI by small phase differences-for instance 1 degree- and observe current output and draw this transfer function in Cadence.You will see deadzone.

PFD has a transfer function being as Current/Phase Difference.Apply two square wave signal generator with same frequency and with same duty cycle, do a transient simulation.Fix one of them and change the phase of the second one from -PI to PI by small phase differences-for instance 1 degree- and observe current output and draw this transfer function in Cadence.You will see deadzone.

First of all, thanks for your reply :)

Does your answer mean that I will memorize the change in the PFD o/p versus every phase difference and tabulate the results then draw them on Excel for example? I thought about that but I think there might be a way to draw the PFD cs/s directly on cadence, using sweeping on the phase difference, but I still don't know how to draw it versus the o/p.

If that's not what you mean, would you please explain a little more?

First of all, thanks for your reply :)

Does your answer mean that I will memorize the change in the PFD o/p versus every phase difference and tabulate the results then draw them on Excel for example? I thought about that but I think there might be a way to draw the PFD cs/s directly on cadence, using sweeping on the phase difference, but I still don't know how to draw it versus the o/p.

If that's not what you mean, would you please explain a little more?
If you draw "Current versus Sweeping Variable" , the deadzone will be visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back