Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to edit a pdf file if it is unlock by Adobe Acrobat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

password

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adobe arcobet reader 7

I have an unlock pdf file. It contents text file because I can select text there. Because of some reasons, there are text I want to replace by another but I don't know how. The only thing I can do is insert comment lines!!!!!! They do not appear on the pdf file untill the mouse is over.
The text I want to replace in table so it CAN NOT be done by convert to Word then convert back to pdf. When I save as a word file, it's structure is damaged heavily.
Please help.
Only thing I can do right now is convert them into picture then using photoshop to edit. This would cause the file size is too big.
Thanks in advance.

draw on locked pdf file

i have a method, maybe you can copy the text to a DOC file, then you should makeup again, then you convert it to the pdf file. take care, the version of adobe acorbat must be 6.0 or above

how to edit a drawing in a locked pdf

YOU HAVE TO BUY A SOFTWARE THAT CAN TOGGLE THE PROTECTION AT THE PDF FILE.
BYE.
G.

once i unlock a pdf file, how do i edit it

Please read more carefully!!!
to clivechen:
I've already mentioned that the pdf needed to be edited consist of table (large size) so when I convert to DOC, the table remained half. Its structure is damaged heavily so I can't convert back.
to tlp71@hotmail.com
You did not read my post carefully
However thanks for your reading. I still need help from you.

adobe designer+password

What PDF-editing Software do you have?
Do you even have Acrobat Professional or Adobe Pagemaker?

Is the file being protetected for a reason and not from yourself?
Why then would you change the document?
Ask the guy who generated it to change for you and dont ask for a illegal hint to falsify documents.

arcobet reader

password said:
I have an unlock pdf file. It contents text file because I can select text there. Because of some reasons, there are text I want to replace by another but I don't know how. The only thing I can do is insert comment lines!!!!!! They do not appear on the pdf file untill the mouse is over.
The text I want to replace in table so it CAN NOT be done by convert to Word then convert back to pdf. When I save as a word file, it's structure is damaged heavily.
Please help.
Only thing I can do right now is convert them into picture then using photoshop to edit. This would cause the file size is too big.
Thanks in advance.

hope this would be of use to u.. a book abt everythin on pdf. take ur own time to read it and solve the issue!

Code:
http://bitchx.ufobject.com/books/how2doeverything/MCGraw-Hill%20Osborne%20How%20To%20Do%20Everything%20With%20Adobe%20Acrobat%206.0.zip

/cedance

password

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Converting to image is the only thing, I think.

password

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks to arunmit168 for your book. I will save my time to read and if I find something useful, I will post them here for the conclusion.
to fallbreak01
There is a Purchase Order from an important customer, the only thing I can request from the manufacture is a pdf catalogue. I must edit (adding, marking, replacing things that easily confusing my customers,...) to fit the need of them. They are secret so I can't post them here.
Regards

copy the page and edit in msword.
then use any pdf editor (for example adobe professional).
Convert the edited word document into pdf by pdf editor.
thanks

@atmaca

password said:
The text I want to replace in table so it CAN NOT be done by convert to Word then convert back to pdf.

/cedance

the image in word may be large,but it will be small when you convert the word file to PDF file.

After a long time working on pdf, I found that Adobe Designer 7.0, comming with Adobe Acrobat 7.0, would do the trick.
Topic closes
Thanks guy!
PS: the only problem is that the money you paid to buy a software.

USE ADOBE ARCOBET ...
I WORKS ... U CAN EDIT AND SAVE OR LOCK THE LETCTURE

what's the problem with extracting one page to a doc file,, then you fix that page (i.e. you said that the formatting was wrong) then convert that doc to pdf once you have modified it,, then import that pdf you just created over the page you extracted... you can do it with acrobat professional 6,, i've done it myself.

Actually, this is a drawing but I really don't know how they make it. I can chose the text in the table. It contains a big table that a normal A4 can not hold it -> real a big problem when convert it to word .doc The table is splited into 2 part, besides, there are also some strange characters place random on the page -> the structure of this table is absolutely damaged. All you can do with Adobe Acrobat is inserting comment line that can not be displayed when printing. I did and Adobe Designer is fine.

well, i can see only one solution to ur problem.

--> about the table that u cant copy, press "Print Screen" command twice when it appears on a screen and paste it in PAINT. from there u bring that table to word as a Picture. Then by using a s/w called "Acrobat Distiller" u can convert it into PDF.

I can send u that software if u want. I hope this works for u.

Look for Latex

if you have the condition to use adobe but not only reader, you can edit it.

Locked PDF files can be unlocked and edited by cracking it through a software. I think you can download it from internet... just google for it. Alternatively, I can try to unlock the file for you if you can send it across to me... PM if it is not very sensitive info etc...

i have a method, maybe you can copy the text to a DOC file, then you should makeup again, then you convert it to the pdf file. take care, the version of adobe acorbat must be 6.0 or above

PS: the only problem is that the money you paid to buy a software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back