Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Create own VGA to RCA cable..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalitp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i want to make my own 15pin VGA cable to 3pin RCA cable which connects TV and COMPUTER CPU or LAPTOP.

So, i want pin configuration diagram for this..?

At the bottom of this page is a list of threads with related topics.

This thread gives a pinout diagram which may help you:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/43506/

The following thread has a poster saying a conversion circuit is not simple to make, and that the easiest way is probably a new video card which outputs the format you want.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/84522/

ok.. I got it from first link.. Now, i want to ask that i want to interface my PC CPU with TV and want to use TV as display. So, 6pin connector is enough or full 15pins will be required..?

ok.. I got it from first link.. Now, i want to ask that i want to interface my PC CPU with TV and want to use TV as display. So, 6pin connector is enough or full 15pins will be required..?

It's more than likely the vga connector which you get will have all 15 pins. Its shape has to physically match the connector on your computer. However you will solder wires to only 6 of the pins. If it does not display properly then you may need to solder the additional 7 wires (as shown in the second pinout table).

Are you planning to use a crt tv? It will make a fuzzy computer display. I have used a crt type with my laptop's S-video output. I cannot even read most of the text. However it is great when watching videos. The tv is brighter and has a larger screen.

It's more than likely the vga connector which you get will have all 15 pins. Its shape has to physically match the connector on your computer. However you will solder wires to only 6 of the pins. If it does not display properly then you may need to solder the additional 7 wires (as shown in the second pinout table).

Are you planning to use a crt tv? It will make a fuzzy computer display. I have used a crt type with my laptop's S-video output. I cannot even read most of the text. However it is great when watching videos. The tv is brighter and has a larger screen.

Yes i am going to use CRT TV.

On second link

10 Ground (Sync)
11 ID0
12 SDA
13 Horiz Sync
14 Vert Sync
15 SCL

Where to connect this..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search