Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect a master bluetooth module to a bluetooth in my laptop running ubuntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodstanur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using RN-42 bluetooth module, at first I tried it in slave mode and made an rfcomm profile in /etc/bluetooth and it is working fine.
Now the computer is in master mode and bluetooth module is in slave mode. Later I configured the bluetooth module as auto-connect master in which I stored the mac address of the pc bluetooth. But I dono how the bluetooth module will connect now.. Any hints ?

It is just only a hint, but this could be related to a user and/or group permissions problem, or, in a related way, permissions to network.
The service program that runs the BlueTooth interface may need to be added to a group, with permissions.

The real experts reside at www.linuxquestions.org. The forum there is the place to put your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back