Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 bit data acquisition with pic32

Status
Not open for further replies.

el00

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I would like to start a new project, my idea is this: an acquisition system based on pic, maybe pic32 but not necessarily, sampling freq. 100kHz, 24 bit, streaming data to tcp/ip client. Number of channels: as much as possible compatible with bandwith.
Few years ago I made a pic32 based board that performs a playback of a wav file from a SD card, using 16 bit dac (1 channel) at a datarate of about 384kHz and it is working well, so I expect I can have a similar datarate in the opposite direction.
However, I do not know how far I can push the system, and if an fpga could improve speed (which I have to learn how to program). How the fpga and dma could help to improve datarate?
Could you suggest any reading (app notes, etc)?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.