Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simplest motor speed control for ac brush motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-gyver

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

If its got brushes, then a lamp dimmer type will do, watch out for the power rating. If it has not got brushes then you need a VFD (Variable frequency drive) like the one in your link, which won't change the speed of a brushed motor.
Frank

Sounds easy enough :) Here's a few pictures of it, btw.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Will this work with a lamp dimmer and change the speed of the motor?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, how big(?) should the dimmer be, btw? I assume that the motor will need more power than light bulbs?

Will this one work? The site is in Norwegian, but if you use Chrome it can be translated for you.. :)

**broken link removed**

be warned these washing machine motors are rated at the 300 Watts at a very high speed , like 20,000 RPM (for spin cycle). For the ordinary wash cycles their power is more like 60 watts. They go with an electronic speed regulator, which is fed from the tachometer @(volt out ~ speed).
Frank

Oh, ok. Good to know. :) I btw found out that it's a dc and not an ac motor, so I tried running it with a small mobile charger. Worked like a charm, but it went too slow. It's only 12vdc though, so I'll just turn up the voltage and it'll probably work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back