Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

max_transition for a pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalraj205

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai friends,

i am using cadence encounter for PnR , how can i find the pins that are violated by max_transition violations

i need a command for finding the max_trnsition for a particular pin.

any command?

plz_help

When you will do
get_property <pin_name>
You will see its transition time or slew.

hai yadavvlsi

yes, get_property [get_pins $pin_name] max_transition this command returuns the max_transition

But the transition report given from the command reportTransViolation is different from what we get earlier, which one is correct one

and also i used dbGetMaxTrans & dbGetMaxTransSlack this also gives a different value

can you please say which one to use to get the correct transition time

thank you for your help

get_property [get_pins $pin_name] max_transition command gives library transition limit.
reportTransViolation Runs timing analysis and reports pins and ports that exceed the transition constraints in the timing constraints file. Run this command after running timing analysis (timeDesign) or timing optimization (optDesign).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back