Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error: no boundaries to define WavePort1 correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS problem

I modeled this design and when tryed to analyze error ocurred:
[error] Port refinement, process abc3d : There are no boundaries to define "WavePort1" correctly. This may be due to incorrect material definitions for those objects that make up the port surface. Please verify the material assignments and properties. (2:13 Lap 30, 2004)

Re: HFSS problem

Have you tried to cover one face of the waveport with a perfect conductor cap object?

Mantas

For quick answer you might what to browse earlier posts with similar query. This question has been asked before. It seems many users are stuck with waveguide port definition. Have you attended any HFSS training or at least got hold of any HFSS tutorials.

I did a lot of training and had many totorials:) And I found what the problem was:) It was the strip lines who were imported from AutoCad *.sat format. The ends where lines touch the port was not perfectly fited:) With a lot of zoom I saw it.

Hi,
I think you should assign the material properties of the waveport as pec. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back