Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

full bridge inverter with IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathish charles.s

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
i am using ir2110 as a gate driving circuit for single phase full bridge inverter. Microcontroller gives input to ir2110. does ir2110 provide isolation between power circuit and controller. still i am using common ground between the two, i didnot found anything wrong. if isolation needed shall i connect optocoupler infront of ir2110.

you dont need to connect opto isolator ,your IR2110 is a H-bridge driver and you can connect it from your pic just ensure that the minimum input voltage to your IR2110 is available ...

Hi ,
i am using ir2110 as a gate driving circuit for single phase full bridge inverter. Microcontroller gives input to ir2110. does ir2110 provide isolation between power circuit and controller. still i am using common ground between the two, i didnot found anything wrong. if isolation needed shall i connect optocoupler infront of ir2110.

Pin 13 and 2 are Ground. Where as pin5 is floating ground for the upper Mosfet, it should not be connected to common Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back