Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help] How to let trace report the timing of OSERDES2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfly47

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My design uses OSERDES2 for source synchronous interface, but the trace doesn't report the timing of OSERDES2. So I don't know what the maximum bit rate can be.
How to let trace report the timing of OSERDES2?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

You can add a timing constraint for the OSERDES2 in your .ucf file. That way you'll see it in the timing report.

You can add a timing constraint for the OSERDES2 in your .ucf file. That way you'll see it in the timing report.

Thanks for your reply, mrflibble.
Could you give an example of the timing constraint?
Thanks

Silly question ... do you currently have any constraints? For example for your BUFIO2 or PLL, whichever way you are clocking your OSERDES2...

Another thing ... "So I don't know what the maximum bit rate can be." The maximum bitrate of the serdes per se is listed in the datasheet. And amusingly enough the max clock you are going to be able to pull off in a real design is a function of your constraints. ;-)

Anyways, if you haven't already .. start by constraining the main clock/bufio2/pll/whatever you use.

hfly47,

Run an unconstrained path report...best case scenario is it's empty, if it's not then add constraints for everything it says isn't constrained.

Silly question ... do you currently have any constraints? For example for your BUFIO2 or PLL, whichever way you are clocking your OSERDES2...

Another thing ... "So I don't know what the maximum bit rate can be." The maximum bitrate of the serdes per se is listed in the datasheet. And amusingly enough the max clock you are going to be able to pull off in a real design is a function of your constraints. ;-)

Anyways, if you haven't already .. start by constraining the main clock/bufio2/pll/whatever you use.

Wow... I surely have constrained the design.
The question I asked is that is there any way to make the timing of OSERDES2 reported.
Now I knew that trace doesn't report the timing of hard IPs such as OSERDES2, GTP, etc. And the datasheet lists the max bit rate for ISERDES/OSERDES of SDR/DDR mode.
Thanks all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

hfly47,

Run an unconstrained path report...best case scenario is it's empty, if it's not then add constraints for everything it says isn't constrained.

Thanks for your reply :)

Wow... I surely have constrained the design.

Good to know. You'd be amazed at the amount of posts here with a similar question where people did not use constraints. So it was simpler to ask than to assume. ;-)

The question I asked is that is there any way to make the timing of OSERDES2 reported.
Now I knew that trace doesn't report the timing of hard IPs such as OSERDES2, GTP, etc. And the datasheet lists the max bit rate for ISERDES/OSERDES of SDR/DDR mode.
Thanks all the same.

I guess that you didn't find the timings you were looking for? So what type of timings were you hoping to get in the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back