Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth problem when connected to device

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed.elsabagh

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a really strange problem, I have a device with LCD it's a rework station, when i use this station at my home it works perfectly fine and everything is ok given that in my home there is no real earth connected in the power outlets in the wall, when i take this device to my work place where there is earth the machine starts to hangout and stop working and no buttons response, and if i use another cable with just 2 metal rods (instead of 3 with earth), the machine starts to work normally again but when i connect to laptop which is connected to earth in my work place the machine start to hang again, what could be causing this problem??? why machine work normally when no earth is connected but when earth is connected the machine start to hang and have abnormal behaviour??

Status
Not open for further replies.