Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrocomp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a circuit in which a simple microphone is used. The circuit is connected to PC with the USB interface as an input audio device (microphone).

Now instead of using a real microphone in this circuit, I need to replace the microphone with a simple circuit to simulate a fixed signal. In fact I want to see a fixed signal level in my software in the computer without any other change to my circuit. I only want to replace the microphone with an equivalent circuit that generates a fixed signal.

Please suggest me some as simple as possible circuits to replace with microphone.

A typical microphone produces between 0 and 50 mVAC, depending on sound volume. Some types produce more, some less.

A substitute might be a sine wave generator, putting out between 50 and 5000 Hz, at 10 mVAC amplitude. You may need to reduce it with a potentiometer (volume control).

Or if you touch your finger to the signal lead, it will inject 60-cycle hum if you are near mains power.

Can anyone suggest a simple circuit to produce this sine wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.