Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface tricolor led to mcp73831 charge stat pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishu489

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends i'm developing charging circuit using mcp73831 . in datasheet they mentioned that we can interface tricolor led to STAT pin . but how can we connect rgb led to only single STAT pin.
i want atleast 2 color using only one led , is it possible? please help me

Hi,

No , it does not say you can use a tricolour led, it says the Stat Pin has a tri -state output, that is totally different.

Tri-State outputs mean you can set it to high or low for a led on or off, plus the third option which is neither on or off, but High Impedance, which has no use when using a led on that pin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-state_logic

Hi,

No , it does not say you can use a tricolour led, it says the Stat Pin has a tri -state output, that is totally different.

Tri-State outputs mean you can set it to high or low for a led on or off, plus the third option which is neither on or off, but High Impedance, which has no use when using a led on that pin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-state_logic

I am doing something similar, and understand the principle of the tri-state logic, but would like some direction on how an led connected to STAT will behave. In the attached will the red led light when full charge is reached or will it go off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 141

during charging mode it will be off and when battery charged it will glow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back