Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quiscent voltage as mention in my hall sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am just checking my hall sensor.. i connected my hall sensor to 9V battery via 5V voltage regulator.

in the datasheet it mention the quiscent voltage is 2.5V, that is without any magnetic field.. But when i noted down the readings using multimeter, it showing 0.71V.. I am bit confused whether i have made mistake??:roll:

pls help me out..

**broken link removed**

thanq

Double check the pin connections and measure all voltages at the sensor.

With no load and 5V on the device with no mag field it should output ~2.5 V.
Frank

ya! it shud show 2.5V, but it showing only 0.71 :???: wat might be the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Double check the pin connections and measure all voltages at the sensor.

i did!!! but still the same

So you say, you do measure 5 V between Vcc and Gnd terminal of the sensor, but only 0.7 V between output and Gnd?

So you say, you do measure 5 V between Vcc and Gnd terminal of the sensor, but only 0.7 V between output and Gnd?

No, I measure 5V between output and gnd of 5v voltage regulator and 0.7V between output and gnd of hall sensor

so either --

1) your sensor is fried
2) you have actually not connected it correctly. Which package is it ? 3-pin SIP/ UA or SOT-23/ LH ?
3) there is actually a magnetic field present

so either --

1) your sensor is fried
2) you have actually not connected it correctly. Which package is it ? 3-pin SIP/ UA or SOT-23/ LH ?
3) there is actually a magnetic field present

i am using 3 pin SOT ratiometric hall sensor **broken link removed**

i am using 3 pin SOT ratiometric hall sensor **broken link removed**

which one ?

also ... did you cross-check your pin numbers ?

sorry... thats all the help i can give. It's too simple to not figure it out by now.

which one ?

also ... did you cross-check your pin numbers ?

sorry... thats all the help i can give. It's too simple to not figure it out by now.

Ok now i will tell u wat i have done... Without using any proto circuit board, i directly soldered the wires to the pins... i have taken the wires from the 9V battery and soldered to the 5V voltage regulator and then soldered to the hall sensor... is this might be the error???

HI all!!

I tried with new hall sensor of the same type and made connections.. but still it showing 0.7V when there is no magnetic field.. why i am not getting 2.5V??:???:

Since you are using the SOT23 package, with respect to fig. 3 of the data sheet you'll have pin 1 Vcc, pin 2 Vout and pin3 GND. The component in that figure is seen from above.
I'm not sure it can works properly with no-load; it's not clear to me what the datasheet means with "output load resistance = 4.7 kohm min.": it is the minimum required load ? Or, more probably, it is able to drive load as lower as 4.7 kohm ? However you can try with a 4.7 kohm resistor between Vout and GND.
Other possibility, but I don't think it is that, you burnt the device while soldering it.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'm not sure it can works properly with no-load; it's not clear to me what the datasheet means with "output load resistance = 4.7 kohm min.": it is the minimum required load ? Or, more probably, it is able to drive load as lower as 4.7 kohm ? However you can try with a 4.7 kohm resistor between Vout and GND.
The datasheet describes a push-pull output with limited source capability (about 1 mA). Thus 4.7k is meaned as minimal load resistor to ground, but the device will work with high impedance load.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am soldering for the first time. will the hall output shows the output though i burnt the device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back