Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Bluetooth module interfacing with PIC18f

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhakeparag81

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am working on RN-41-Sm bluetooth module from last 4-5 days, i interface the module with pic87k22 over MAX232 ic.
i use MODBUS protocol over USART, when i communicate with serial bus with standard MODBUS software everything working fine.

My problem is when i interface the RN-41-SM module over there i didn't get any single character even interrupt is not generated for receive character.

I set the baud rate for both PIC as well as for module 9600 same, Tx pin of Max 232 connected to the Rx pin of module
and vice versa, PRS pin no 10 connected to 11, i used 5 v supply from header B and common ground.
But when i tried with two PC on with bluetooth and another RN-41-Sm with serial interface and using TeraTerm Pro software communication is established

am i missing something in Pic side?

- - - Updated - - -

i got the problem,

Problem is in the module, when i interface another module with same connection its working fine.
May be the receiver of first module not working properly i send it back for testing.

when i am done i post the result

hi,

I am working on RN-41-Sm bluetooth module from last 4-5 days, i interface the module with pic87k22 over MAX232 ic.
i use MODBUS protocol over USART, when i communicate with serial bus with standard MODBUS software everything working fine.

My problem is when i interface the RN-41-SM module over there i didn't get any single character even interrupt is not generated for receive character.

I set the baud rate for both PIC as well as for module 9600 same, Tx pin of Max 232 connected to the Rx pin of module
and vice versa, PRS pin no 10 connected to 11, i used 5 v supply from header B and common ground.
But when i tried with two PC on with bluetooth and another RN-41-Sm with serial interface and using TeraTerm Pro software communication is established

am i missing something in Pic side?

- - - Updated - - -

i got the problem,

Problem is in the module, when i interface another module with same connection its working fine.
May be the receiver of first module not working properly i send it back for testing.

when i am done i post the result

had you configured that module. I think you must have the manual for that module. It is having some commands that can be issued through serial. You can directly interface that module to laptop/pc terminal through usb to serial and by setting baud rate you can test those commands. Check if that works.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.