Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor model in HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

okawa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there somebody can provide me an inductor model? I need to simulate an LC filter, but i don't have such an inductor model, any can help me? Thanks!

Well, I don't think other's inductor model would suit for you.
Cause the model is based on the process u use and the form u choose for the inductor.
If you have the process parameters, you can make a rough caculation by urself.
Maybe it's better for the whole design.

Hi

Inductor model includes lumped elements such as resistors (resistance across metall by unit length), capacitors (e.g. between metal and substrate), and inductor.

You can overview this topic here:

ask it from foundry , it is important in rf design

as I remember , edaboard have Spiral inductor design tool

but I think RF in IC need design "test key"
you can design many type inductor for test key

another RF chip is "RFID" some u-chip have on die "inductor" or ANT
but really inductor model is difficult be extract from ASIC ..
you need design test key and measure , but how to extract "lump inductor" model ???

Hi

I suggest you extract lumped characteristics making equivalent circuit for 'y-parameters':

I_1=y_{11}*V_1+y_{12}*V_2
I_2=y_{21}*V_1+y_{22}*V_2

You must measure current under short-cut, as much of a source side (where you put source), as of the other (two-port network)

Also, you can use others parameters (h,g,z)

Try simulate using Em tool or measurement using probe station,then fit into your own Pi model

for simulation purpose, you can enter lumped model using ideal passive components if that's what you're trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back