Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert vcc vss to a vdd gnd voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzr2915

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I have a vcc = 0.6v and vss= -0.6 then how to convert this supply to a vdd = 1.2v ?

Now I have a vcc = 0.6v and vss= -0.6 then how to convert this supply to a vdd = 1.2v ?
Hi bzr2915
It depends on what kind of application you're referring to ? is that a high frequency application ?
Anywhere , you can do it easily with an op amp .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks for your rely! Yes it is a HF applicaition, I convert the AC input to a DC output voltage (vcc and vss).
Can you show me how to use an op amp to get the VDD?

What I understand is that you need VDD for some circuit or IC. So don't worry you can use the Vcc in place of Vdd (keeping that the voltage level is same) as both represent positive voltage with respect to ground.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for your rely! Problem is I want VDD to be 1.2v with respect to ground. And now I have a VCC is 0.6v and VSS is -0.6v both of them with respect to ground.

Thanks for your rely! Yes it is a HF applicaition, I convert the AC input to a DC output voltage (vcc and vss).
Can you show me how to use an op amp to get the VDD?
Hi again
Surely . let me show you a simplified example about what you can do !
Take a look here , please :

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks. This opamp need a high power supply to work in your circuit (10v and -10v). If I use an opamp to get a 1.2v output the top rail power supply is at least 1.2v right? But now I only have a -0.6v(bottom rail), 0.6v(top rail) power supply. I think you still confused my question.

OK let me clear it. My problem is that now I have a power supply vcc and vss they are 0.6v and -0.6v(10v and -10v power supply in your diagram). Now I want this power supply changed to be 1.2v to ground.

Without seeing your circuitry it is impossible to say but a couple of resistors and a capacitor may suffice. You need to explain the problem more clearly.

Keith

QQ截图20130116151015.png

Here is what I want. Let me know if you guys still confused.

Thank you!

Sorry but that is no clearer to me. Maybe someone else can make something of it.

What is the AC source? Frequency? voltage? impedance? square or sine? What is the rectifier? Why not generate 1.2V from the AC directly rather than generate +/-0.6V?

The context of the question is absent.

Keith

Hi again
I agree with Keith . more informations are required . if you need a good answer and help , you should be able to describe what you need exactly .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Just ignore the rf source we don't care the frequency and other things. I want to know is there any method convert a +/-0.6v power supply to a 1.2v?

The front end is not a part of the question.. if I generated a 1.2 v directly by AC then I will lose half of RF input power by the fixed recitifier circuit(this part can not change).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back