Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle schematic showing error in connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.li

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was connecting signal wires in eagle schematic to a IC (7408). After connecting it to power signal, when I did ERC, it is showing supply not connected. I tried by connecting the power signal wires both above and below the circular taps (it was not getting connected to central portion) Pls. advise.

sch.png

Thanks,
Y. Li

Last edited by a moderator:

from what i can see, it looks like your grid is not set properly.
I.e. its probably too large. Reduce the grid - 0.1inch is usually a good value to choose - and try again

I have replaced your 1.6MB BMP file with a more reasonable 17kB PNG - use more appropriate formats for posting images in future.

As has already been said - post your Eagle .sch file and you are putting things "off grid". I don't know if that is a standard Eagle part, but if you have made the part yourself then the problem could be in the library you created.

Keith

I don't know if that is a standard Eagle part, but if you have made the part yourself then the problem could be in the library you created.

Keith

good catch. that does look like a created part. the problem could be bad grids / sizes while creating it.

good catch. that does look like a created part. the problem could be bad grids / sizes while creating it.

It is a 7408 quad and gate(see my previous post). That is basically a standard part & available in eagle library. I tried by changing the grid. It is still showing the error.

Regards,
Y. Li

That would seem the best way to get a solution.

You could try to INVOKE the power pins and connect them, if that is they way the part is made.

Keith.

I invoked the power pin and then only did the connection (the pins with 'round heads' in the pic).

Y. Li

I don't understand - is it fixed now? If not, upload your schematic file.

Keith

Last edited:

I don't understand - is it fixed now? If not, upload your schematic file.

Keith

he's not gonna do it, is he now ? Thats thrice the forum has asked now...
Its definitely some grid resolution/ mismatch problem.... i'm sure he'll figure it out now that we've given the guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back