Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create coax feed of a dual band GPS microstrip antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I need help about creating probe and coax of dual layer gps microstrip antenna.I substracted a cylinder from bottom sub and top sub and filled them with pec(material of coax) with raduis 0.65mm. But it does not seem to work.What should the dimensions of air box be? Should i use waveport or lumped port Any help is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pictures of the antenna without coax feed but i substracted cylinders from bottom sub and top sub for them. Should i substract a circle from bottom patch?

Attachments

• gps_antenna.rar
    8.1 KB · Views: 45
  • dual_patch.rar
    4.4 KB · Views: 40
  • fatih.pdf
    114.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Hi. I need help about creating probe and coax of dual layer gps microstrip antenna.I substracted a cylinder from bottom sub and top sub and filled them with pec(material of coax) with raduis 0.65mm. But it does not seem to work.What should the dimensions of air box be? Should i use waveport or lumped port Any help is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pictures of the antenna without coax feed but i substracted cylinders from bottom sub and top sub for them. Should i substract a circle from bottom patch?

have u get ur ans?

take cut 4m its bottom and if u are using 2 substrae then take separate probe for each substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back