Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

silk screen using PADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek20055

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am 4 layer PCB using PADS software

what is silk screen.

I need to add silk screen on every component.

Can anyone suggest me how to make silk on components.

Thanks in advance
Vivek Alaparthi

Last edited:

PADS has pre-defined silkscreen layers (layer 26 is top). Components have graphics assigned to their associated silkscreen layer. What seems to be your problem?

silk isnt needed for any board design(doesnt affect electrical connect etc). its more of an aid for future troubleshooting, and population(is the designation text on the board, such as U23, or R2). Typically silkscreen is also used to document your company name and the board name. if you are creating a component , it is good practice to create a silkscreen to show the boundaries of the component, the component designation, and typically a polarity marking. This is usually automatically generated in PADS if you are using one of its built in component creation tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.