Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I build a 220VAC 400HZ from 220VAC 50HZ at 3W output

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
220VAC 400HZ? how?

Hi

How can I build a 220VAC 400HZ from 220VAC 50HZ at 3W power output??

220VAC 400HZ? how?

Here's a quick workbench setup:
Use a sinewave generator, an audio amplifier, and an ordinary power transformer wired as step-up (most 50/60 Hz transformers work fine at 400 Hz).

Re: 220VAC 400HZ? how?

If you just need this to repair something, you can first disconnect the internal power supply and connect a lab supply of the proper voltage settings instead of the internal supply. This will work if it is the powered circuit and not the 220AC to DC supply that is defective. Usually internal power supplies fail in ways that make visual clues and sometimes nose-smelling clues.

I had a mistake in power ,The power output must be 3KW,

I want to design it,and if it difficult I want to buy ,please give some design idea or manufactures link of above system.

bye

Watts, kilowatts, it's just a tiny decimal point. ;)

Try searching Google for rotary frequency converter or maybe motor generator frequency converter. They are rugged, efficient, and output a nice sinewave.

I've seen such a thing used with the old military radars.
It consisted of a 50Hz motor connected to a generator by a transmission gear.
I know it is hard to do it but the other way seems a bit more complicated to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back