Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV80 core documentation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

madalin1990

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good evening!
I have the verilog code of the tv80 core but i couldn't find any good documentation on it.So if someone has some good docs or know a place where to find it i would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance!

Yes this is it. From what I understand tv80 si the VHDL Z80 microprocessor core written in Verilog.Am I right?

Yes, based on the information on the site I posted that is exactly what the author of TV80 did. Though he does state that his implementation isn't an exact copy of the Z80 design. I suppose there are some things that behave differently than the Z80.

Yes, I saw that TV80 has some additional pins.

I haven't looked at the TV80 specifically, but one common change when building a soft core based on a real device is to convert tristate I/O into separate input and output buses, because FPGAs tend not to have internal tristate logic.

I saw this difference too. But I didn't quite understand it. I have implememtented designs where I had inout ports and they worked perfectly.As an example you can look at Adept EPP.

Tristate I/O is supported on FPGA pins, just not in the internal fabric. With some synthesis tools you can use them internally, but as tristate logic is not actually implemented it will be emulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back