Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16x2 lcd display in proteus lacks 2 pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

joammee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I'm working on with a microcontroller-based speedometer with odometer. I'm simulating the schematic diagram in Proteus but I can't find the 16x2 LCD display with 16 pins. The only thing available is with 14 pins. Can I just used the one with 14 pin? If yes, where am I going to connect the 15th and 16th pins. Thank you so much. :)

pins 15 and 16 are the back light of a led display (for those who have one) , it serves no purpose in proteus so it is not shown in the model

Thanks. That's what I also know but because there is no reported error, I thought that may be the reason of having no display at all. If you have spare time, may you look at my schematic and maybe you can see where it goes wrong? I really appreciated your help. Thanks again.

Here is the schematic that I constructed. I hope someone can find out why there is no display. Thank you so much! :)View attachment speedo-odo-meter1.rar

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. That's what I also know but because there is no reported error, I thought that may be the reason of having no display at all. If you have spare time, may you look at my schematic and maybe you can see where it goes wrong? I really appreciated your help. Thanks again.

Here is the schematic that I constructed. I hope someone can find out why there is no display. Thank you so much! :)View attachment speedo-odo-meter1.rar

In your schematic The output ofthe regulator is shorted to ground (check close to D2) , also the mcu Vcc and GND are not connected.

Vss of the display should go to gnd and Vdd to 5v

Thanks! I'll check my schematic and do the necessary changes. :)

I did the necessary changes but there is still no display. I didn't actually design the circuit. I just found it in the net and now I'm trying to test it using Isis-Proteus if it is working together with the codes so that I can proceed in doing the hardware. That is why I ask about the lcd's pins because in the schematic there are 16 pins. I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense right now but I really hope someone can help. Here is the pdf:
View attachment Speedometer Cum Odometer (1).pdf

Last edited:

The missing LCD pins are not the problem, if everything is correct it will work.

Connect all the power supplies to the chips and check again for wrong connections

After the simulation, the log indicated there are missing components such as switch, LED, and battery even though they are in the circuit and connected as specified. I try to reconnect the said missing parts but there is no changes at all. The LCD only lights up with nothing on it.
circuit.JPG missingparts.JPG

What that message says is that these components do not have a footprint associated with them, that is only a problem when you try to design a PCB

Ah, ok. So there's nothing wrong in the circuit yet there is no display? Thanks! I hope it will work when I constructed the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back