Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

graduation project: microstrip patch antenna array. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Kad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
my graduation project is :'' design of circular polarization array using truncated corners patch antenna". the center frequency is 900mhz for GSM applications. the thing is, i basicaly finished designing the microstrip patch element (MATLAB computes HFSS simulates ) i found most of the equations i need but i couldn't find any equation for the truncated corners that supposed to generate the circular polarization, am i supposed to choose any dimension? its my first project ever, im a complete novice in antennas so i really need help. thanks in advence

P.S. if anyone has any MATLAB file or ''how to use HFSS :-?'' that can help please post plsssss (not just the corners but rather the whole thing :grin:)

Hi,

at first, your patch element has to be square. Since the patch is trimmed at two corners and the trimming is symetrical, you will need only one parameter to model it efficiently. Then you should perform a parametric study, where you will change the trimming size and observe axial ratio in your main lobe.

I'm not sure if there are any design equations for this sort of problem.

hi, has someone a file of antenna array created by CST MWS? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.