Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8x8 led dot matrix scrolling display with color controll

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishu489

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friend i wanted to build up display board which contain 5 ,8x8 dot matrix led and i wanted to display scrolling data on it and also i want to control color of each character on display. for e.g when i want to display "vishal" i will send information as follow

v+color
i+color
s+color
h+color
a+color
l+color

currently i know how to display character on single dot matrix led . but i dont know how to scroll data and very important is to me controll color of each character and that color should be user defined because i want to pass such msg through mobile via blutooth. also i want to control direction of scrolling through user command send by mobile via blutooth

Last edited:

i'm usig rgb led matrix . basically i need algorithm for that

will u please tell me the shift reg which gives 24 bit o/p to control rgb dot matrix .i know this shift reg tlc5925 which gives 16 bit o/p but i want to control three anodes of rgb so i need 24 bit o/p

Status
Not open for further replies.