Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to save some ROM space using RAM space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me how can I save some ROM space using RAM space? I'm working with PIC12F675. I just need little bit extra ROM space. Can you tell me how can I save some space?

I've enough free RAM space.

Generally speaking, RAM can't replace ROM. If it's a C coded application, there's most likely optimization potential using assembly code in some places.

Try to make the code itself more efficient. Like FvM has mentioned, use assembly in some places to reduce code size. Try to avoid unnecessary "complications" in the code that may take more code space. For example, in some situation, it may be easier for you to use floating point calculation, but that's going to take much more ROM space than slightly longer (longer to you, but shorter for the microcontroller) integer calculations.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

So its all in the program. I've already found some tricks to solve this problem for my case. already reduced 13% ROM space. Anyway thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back