Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using FinFET model of PTM in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_farkhani

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to use FinFET model of PTM in Hspice but I have a problem. After simulation I have got the following warning in the .lis file:
**warning** (d:\subthereshold\simulation\sram\cells\finfet\moradi-61091\nfet.sp:22) parameter nfin is ignored
that it means Hspice does not know the parameter nfin and does not take it into account. It is important to mention that my Hspice version is A-2008.03. Could my old version of Hspice be the problem?
Thanks

Hi

Maybe the problem is due to your library and any model by this name (nfet) is not defined.

I wish it helps,
Regards,
Jamaleddin Mollasalmani

**warning** (d:\subthereshold\simulation\sram\cells\finfet\moradi-61091\nfet.sp:22) parameter nfin is ignored
that it means Hspice does not know the parameter nfin and does not take it into account.

Which model do you use? Could you show your model file, please?

Thank you for your responds.
The problem was about the Hspice version. In order to use the FinFET PTM models in Hspice, 2011 and next versions has to be used.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back