Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Pro...copper pour not "filling in"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I've just put a polygon on the bottom layer and named it to the "drain" net........i have put thermal vias in it.....but it won't fill in....its just an outline.....how do i fill the copper pour?

You need to to set the option 'ratsnest processes polygons' (or something similar) in the setup menu. Then do a RATSNEST command.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Chose Polygoon Tool> Before drawing Polygon Tool Set Your Isolation in the top toolbar option as 40mills or whatever your requirement is then draw the Polygon after it turned to dotter chose name toolbar and click on the polygon and set name to GND then click the ratsnet button and see the magic! you can also change the isolation setting after its been pour by using info tool and click on the side of polygon tool!
Isolation is the setting you want to give to tell that how much distance will be between your ground pour and routing layers!
Regards,
Punit

assuming you have created the polygon properly, you should see the pour as soon as you click on ratsnest icon
Oh yes - also when you name it, be sure to select "Entire Signal"

Last edited:

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back