Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LCD interfacing with PIC18F452

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi amna .
I'm not asking about in proteus. Did you tried to test in hardware(which means tested in protoboard)?
If you have hardware setup, Please load the hex in microcontroller and check it without using the crystal and without adding fuses in the program. To my point, it should not work.
Because proteus has a feature called processor clock frequency which you can see in edit option of your microcontroller. You are setting the clock frequency with this option even though you didn't add the fuses in the program. So it is working in the proteus.
But during simulation in real hardware, it won't work out.

am also agreeing with you it wont work with out config bits in hardware, also calling LCD driver function but didn't given what it contains..

hemnath, I dont have hardware setup. Of course this will helpful for me.

I worked with AVR. LCD interfacing with AVR does not require crystal. then why pic need a crystal for LCD interfacing?

Please check your avr controller datasheet. It will have internal oscillator section and you have configured those registers. so it should run without using external crystal.

But in 18F452, it has no internal oscillator. So to run your microcontroller, you must connect the external crystal.

if you still don't want to connect external crystal, then switch to another micro-controller which has internal oscillator.

Best wishes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.