Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control fan from tv remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulmakhdoom

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLease give me a method or circuit for making a tv remote control fan without microcontroller.

TV Remote control's signals are coded, you need a microcontroller to decode it.

I still havnt seen any decoder IC for this purpose.

If you are controlling speed of the fan then you definitely need a microcontroller.

You need to design for --

1) IR encoder and IR decoder. Google these terms, you will get lots of ideas.

http://www.rentron.com/remote_control/TINY-IR2.htm

2) Also then you need a fan speed control circuit. This will depend on what sort of outputs your chosen IR decoder provides, and also what sort of fan (is it 220Vac ? 12VDC?) you want to control.

..... He dosnt want to make one....

I doubt he will get anywhere without making anything. I also doubt that he actually means he wants to use an existing tv remote lying around the house.
Shal we let HIM comment on this point ?

The IR Encoder and IR Decoder ic's are microcontrollers with firmware..

Is this a universal truth ? The links i referred didn't look like uC's, they looked like dedicated chips.

If you want to use a TV Remote then you need a microcontroller.

there WAS life before uC's you know. Things CAN be done without uC's if you want to. Why not take your head out of the sand ?
The OP wants to do this without uC's or firmware (for whatever reason), so lets try give him a solution for that, instead of just saying "it can't be done"

cheers dude !

It may or may not be done without a microcontroller. If you want to use an existing TV remote that you already have for this purpose (like many actually do), you may just be better off using a microcontroller instead of using discrete circuitry (if it is at all simply possible without microcontroller). Even without complete knowledge of microcontroller, it's possible. Perhaps it would be better if you tell us which remote you plan to use and why you do not want to use any microcontrollers.

By the way, the T2-DEC and T2-ENC, to me, seem like pre-programmed microcontrollers. My guess would be PIC12F629 or PIC12F675. It would be much clearer if you can provide the datasheets of the T2-DEC and T2-ENC.

PLease give me a method or circuit for making a tv remote control fan without microcontroller.

You didnt mention what you consider under control of fan. Is it control of fan speed or just On/Off operation?

Meanwhile you can see this circuit for On/Off control:

hoMe%2Bappliance%2BcontRol%2BUsing%2BtV%2BReMote.gif

**broken link removed**

You didnt mention what you consider under control of fan. Is it control of fan speed or just On/Off operation?

Meanwhile you can see this circuit for On/Off control:

hoMe%2Bappliance%2BcontRol%2BUsing%2BtV%2BReMote.gif

**broken link removed**

This looks quite useless.
what does it do .. switch on the fan for 1 second with any detection of IR pulses ??

This looks quite useless.
what does it do .. switch on the fan for 1 second with any detection of IR pulses ??

Did you even try to read document?

Describe fan control ? On/Off or speed control?

Original thread question is :

If we can have more details answers can be better.

REMOTE-CONTROLLED FAN REGULATOR
**broken link removed**

Using this circuit, you can change the speed of the fan from your couch or bed. Infrared receiver module TSOP1738 is used to receive the infrared signal transmitted by remote control.

**broken link removed**

..By the way, the T2-DEC and T2-ENC, to me, seem like pre-programmed microcontrollers. My guess would be PIC12F629 or PIC12F675. It would be much clearer if you can provide the datasheets of the T2-DEC and T2-ENC.

Good catch Tahmid... the pinouts certainly match. However, I get the impression that OP probably doesn't want to get involved with coding/ programming - which could be the reason why he mentioned "without uC's".

But if you get a preprogrammed chip, then its just another chip. What goes on inside & what is the architecture etc etc is not of concern. Hence my reference link.

Do note that I only suggested doing a search using some obvious starter keywords

- - - Updated - - -

REMOTE-CONTROLLED FAN REGULATOR

Using this circuit, you can change the speed of the fan from your couch or bed. Infrared receiver module TSOP1738 is used to receive the infrared signal transmitted by remote control.

No doubt your published circuits will respond to IR with 38K carrier. But imho the circuits seem overly simplistic in functionality yet more complex than they need to be. I feel OP would be disappointed if he ever manages to assemble either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back