Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

add comment and dimension in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a2s3d4f

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am currently using CST, and I would like to ask it is possible to insert text comment on model or next to it. I try to find this option but I was unable. Also, when design a model, cube, I would like to display the dimension of the cube. It is option available to CST. I can use "pick" option to find the magnitude of two point, however, I was unable to display it and put comment.

Design the model using the "parameter" however, when my design get so complicated, there will be too many parameter variable. I would like to know do they have option like autocad or solidwork which display the desire length.

Thanks

Its not possible to display the dimensions. But you can add comment. Go to Edit-->Add Text.

Hi Trstlm,

Thank for point it out. So i guess the only way to find out is by use the pick method. Any other suggestion.

Thanks

to measure or show dimension in CST you can use pick point option.
for 3 or more points you should use list pick to display the coordinate the points

to measure or show dimension in CST you can use pick point option.
for 3 or more points you should use list pick to display the coordinate the points

Hi Hamidresakarami,

Thank you for point this out. I notice if we use the pick point option, sometime the design is not accurate. An example would if you have a cube and you want to insert another object somewhere on the surface (not at the center). It would be very difficult. I would like to ask what is the best way to approach this issue.

BTW, do CST have a snap-on option on the grid.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back