Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this marketing strategy viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybont

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are a startup company focusing on powerful solvers for parasitic extraction in IC design.
(Please allow us to not disclose our name yet).

We are planning to follow the below marketing strategy and I wanted your opinion about.
We plan to regularly release parts of our product as freeware for beta testing.
As a return, we will offer to our beta-tester community the final product at lower cost when it is finally released.

The question that we have is, will another company or even an individual designer spend time to beta-test our product?
Is the lower cost a good motivation to do that?
Or should we offer more? And what do you think would be best?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Hi,for a free beta test,it waste time without any benefit.Because your company could not be responsible to their failure loss in capital.If you could solve above,i think there will be someone want to have a try.Good luck.

What should be your advantage in the filed? Do you know the markets in your places?
How will you do your ad. part?

Thank you for the answers.

Hi,for a free beta test,it waste time without any benefit.Because your company could not be responsible to their failure loss in capital.If you could solve above,i think there will be someone want to have a try.Good luck.

Let me see if I understand correct. You say the problem is that the beta tester can't be responsible for any bugs missed?

What should be your advantage in the filed? Do you know the markets in your places?
How will you do your ad. part?
Our advantage will be the parasitic extraction speedup of 10X at least compared with competition.
"ad. part" you mean the advertising/marketing campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.