Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Package marking for bidirectional TVS is same as for unidirectional TVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

Please tell me if i am being thoroughly stupid here, but page 2 of the following SMCJ TVS datasheet gives package markings for unidirectional and bidirectional versions of the TVS.

SMCJ TVS Datsheet:-
**broken link removed**

...in most cases, the package markings are the same.....

Shouldnt the marking be different depending on whether its unidirectional or bidirectional?

..what is the point in having a marking if the marking is the same for bidirectional and unidirectional types......

(please look , for example at the top line where both are marked "GDE")

looking into the datasheet
DEVICES FOR BI-DIRECTION APPLICATIONS
For bi-directional devices use CA suffix (e.g. SMCJ188CA).
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
care must be taken when you are buying the device. For bidirectional, use CA suffix. I think, body marking are same.

But Please look into the Littlefuse TVS diodes catalog page no. 46, it shows for unidirectional, prefix G is added and for bidirectional, prefix B is added.

Attachments

• Littelfuse_TVS_Diode_Catalog.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i can identify the component physically. Unidirectional TVS diode has a Cathode marking but bidirectional has no marking...

Regards
Udhay

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.