Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Out of memory in pool" with CoOS+lwIP on STM32F4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindthomas

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I have never really been the RTOS guy but I have decided to give it a try now, especially because of the need of a proper IP stack with Socket integration.
So I decided to try and implement the lwIP stack with the CoOS system on my STM32-E407 from Olimex, that contains an STM32F407ZGT6.

As CoOS has not been ported to the STM32F4 devices yet I used the project found in this post as the ground structure: http://www.coocox.org/forum/topic.php?id=1549
I then added the lwIP v.1.3.1 stack found in the CoOS+lwIP example for the LPC1766 processor.
I then finally added the required HAL drivers (ethernetif.c etc.) found in the original FreeRTOS+lwIP by ST, and then changed to match the board.

Then when I try to run the project I can sucessfully start the lwIP stack and do its' ARP requests and receipts.
But when I first connect to the board and it is about to make a response all the "pbuf's" is filled up and I get these errors:
Code:
pbuf_alloc(length=60)
pbuf_alloc: allocated pbuf f_free: deallocating KT
pbuf_alloc(length=60) == f f_free: deallocating KT
memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
pbuf_free( TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
pbuf_free: deallocating KT

The complete debugging output can be found in this text file: lwip-debugging-output.txt

The CoIDE project for the board can be downloaded here: STM32F4_Discovery_CoOS.zip
Hopefully you will then be able to get a better idea of the problem and maybe bring me some suggestions on how to solve it.

Best Regards
Thomas Jespersen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back