Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagke Pro...how set solder mask and solder paste for smd pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Eagle Pro...how set solder mask and solder paste for smd pads?

Which is the solder mask layer and which is the solder paste layer...how do i set these for a pad that i am drawing?

Last edited by a moderator:

i think its solder cream

default cream is same size as pad...i was always taught it should be slightly smaller than pad.....i wonder who is right.........i thought if solder cream (paste) is same size as pad then it may splurge out to other components and short?

These layers are by default already part of SMD pads in eagle - they are just not visible on the screen, unless you adjust the layers in view/manipulate the colors.
tStop (layer 29) is the solder mask layer, and tCream (layer 31) is the solder cream layer.
Here you can see that tCream is the white thick hatched pattern on the left image, and tStop is the thin
white hatched pattern on the right image.
eagle_layers.jpg
You can adjust the clearance of these layers in the 'Design Rules'.

Reactions: treez and tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    T

I working in Eagle, because of that I ask that. I never use nothing special or adjust for that. I use soldering paste many times, but never adjust nothing about that. Of course always is good to see something new, EDABoard is good place for that.

Reactions: treez

T

Eagle, it is the best, but if i replace L4 with another inductor, and i want the new one to also be "L4" , how do i do that?

Just delete old and place new with label "L4" or if you want to keep old, first rename old L4 to something else (L4_2 or L4_b) and place new with name L4.

Reactions: treez

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back