Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cheapest uC available in market

Status
Not open for further replies.

scramble

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know of really cheap uC ? (like MDT2005) may be clones may be original... but they need to be :arrow: real cheap

Check online budy cos each and every country has its own price list for the goods so check your local market prices to know real cheap ones

I think the PIC10 series are probably cheapest and readily available but it really depends on what you want the uC to do. More legs and more performance = more costs.

Brian.

I don't know if it is the cheapest, but ATtiny13 is a cheap MCU.
Also there are smaller AVRs than that like ATtiny4 and 5, but I don't know about availability.
http://www.atmel.com/products/microcontrollers/avr/tinyavr.aspx

Maybe it would be better to give specifications like flash, RAM, osc frequency etc. Then you would have more precise answers. :wink:

Does anyone know of really cheap uC ? (like MDT2005) may be clones may be original... but they need to be :arrow: real cheap

You can get free samples from few companies, in some cases you will pay just postal service. I think that is cheapest as possible.

If you can give better question what you need maybe we can help better. :wink:

Hello!

I think it's a funny way to consider microcontrollers.
What do you want to do?
Once your specs are defined, it will help you starting something.
Otherwise, you have many sub-dollar processor. They will certainly all be able to
blink a led or a few leds, but you should decide first what you want to do.

Dora.

I wanted to load at least 150 lines of code (2.8 kb) to a max of 5 kb (max) and control 4 servos .. (optional: it could also read from accelerometer) .. I am trying to bring the cost to as low as it can get.. freq comparable to atmega 328 is preferred :)

I wanted to load at least 150 lines of code (2.8 kb) to a max of 5 kb (max)

freq comparable to atmega 328 is preferred
150 lines of code 2.8Kb? Are there complex math from math.h included?
In any case, ATmega48 and 88 belong to the same family with ATmega328. 4K and 8K flash respectively. From the AVR family, I can advice for those two.

please refer this forum community related with microcontroller.......

and one of the best searcher.....GOOGLE..

Status
Not open for further replies.