Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spiral antenna design parameters need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can any body help me in taking dimension of spiral antenna?i want to design spiral antenna for band 500ghz-800ghz.now question is that how to take its dimension should i take outer radius by lemba(min)/4 and inner by lemba(max)/4?am i right by taking it?then how to take value of phi?
phi=1/a*ln(1/lembda) is ok for this.and whould it give me value of phi at end [oint?plz tell me some formula for impedance measyre ment?plzzzzz help me

500 GHz to 800 GHz is going to result in a very small spiral. It will be difficult to fabricate for sure. You might think about your effort further to convince yourself that it is practical.

Johnson, the third edition of Antenna Handbook, has a useful discussion of spiral antennas.

500 GHz to 800 GHz is going to result in a very small spiral. It will be difficult to fabricate for sure. You might think about your effort further to convince yourself that it is practical.

Johnson, the third edition of Antenna Handbook, has a useful discussion of spiral antennas.
hi,
thanks for your reply actually i want to design in for thz band so thinking of this frequency ,i am getting a problem with hfss design too can u plz help me in sought out that problem i formed the model and when i check validation i got msg that unit of dimension or frequency of antenna may be wrong and hence large mesh will be required also it does not do solve model and just stuck at lembda refinement how can i remove this problem

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The size of the model is governed by both the physical dimensions and the wavelength in question. At these frequencies you may have an antenna that is physically small but electorally large. This can result in a huge simulation where the only solution is an equally large commuter with volumes of RAM and long solution times. The software warning is probably reflecting this and not necessarily due to a setup error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back