Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is D-algorithm and 9V-algorithm in VLSI Testing and testability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar91

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know what is D-Algorithm and 9V-algorthim...?????
any link regarding or material is of most need

The D-Algorithm is a method to trace back observability of an error/a change fomr the outputs back into the design to judge the quality of a test pattern. AFAIK it was introduced by a Mrs. "Elisabeth Auth" from Siemens in the early 1990tes. The major reason behind that is to find those test patterns which cause the highest number of errors (like stuck as 0/1) to show up at the outputs to cut down the number of the testpatterns which must be used to qualify a certain chip.

With better testpatterns, tests run quicker and thus become cheaper. AFAIK there was a program DALGO released, doing this.

The other algo is not known to me. My ASIC times are over since >15 years now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back