Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20VDC-400VDc Smps feedback type

Status
Not open for further replies.

babinton

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Please, I am in the process of designing a 20 to 400V dc-dc converter but I don't know which type of feedback to use. Should I use an opto-coupler Isolated feedback or can I use a direct feedback consisting of voltage divider network at the high voltage side. I am using SG3524 for PWM control of the converter. Please, any suggestion is welcome and schematic diagram example will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

it depends on the load type, but usually some type of isolation is necessary to prevent electrical shocks. the simplest yet high performance feedback isolation is opto-coupler which consists of a voltage reference (e.g. TL431) and an error amplifier (opamp or TL431 itself). also compensation could be done in the secondary side.

BEST

it depends on the load type, but usually some type of isolation is necessary to prevent electrical shocks. the simplest yet high performance feedback isolation is opto-coupler which consists of a voltage reference (e.g. TL431) and an error amplifier (opamp or TL431 itself). also compensation could be done in the secondary side.

BEST

Thanks for your reply, please can you point me towards a good refrence design that i can use as a guide for my analysis. Also, are there any other simpler method for feedback design. As you said in your reply, the dc-dc is an intermediate boost state in my design of an SPWM inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.