+ Post New Thread
    Member level 4

Helped
    7 / 7
    Level

20VDC-400VDc Smps feedback type

Hello,
    Please, I am in the process of designing a 20 to 400V dc-dc converter but I don't know which type of feedback to use. Should I use an opto-coupler Isolated feedback or can I use a direct feedback consisting of voltage divider network at the high voltage side. I am using SG3524 for PWM control of the converter. Please, any suggestion is welcome and schematic diagram example will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 5

Helped
    16 / 16
    Level

Re: 20VDC-400VDc Smps feedback type

it depends on the load type, but usually some type of isolation is necessary to prevent electrical shocks. the simplest yet high performance feedback isolation is opto-coupler which consists of a voltage reference (e.g. TL431) and an error amplifier (opamp or TL431 itself). also compensation could be done in the secondary side.

BEST

1 members found this post helpful.

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 4

Helped
    7 / 7
    Level

Re: 20VDC-400VDc Smps feedback type

Quote Originally Posted by goodboy_pl View Post
    it depends on the load type, but usually some type of isolation is necessary to prevent electrical shocks. the simplest yet high performance feedback isolation is opto-coupler which consists of a voltage reference (e.g. TL431) and an error amplifier (opamp or TL431 itself). also compensation could be done in the secondary side.

BEST
    Thanks for your reply, please can you point me towards a good refrence design that i can use as a guide for my analysis. Also, are there any other simpler method for feedback design. As you said in your reply, the dc-dc is an intermediate boost state in my design of an SPWM inverter.

--[[ ]]--