Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How hard to design smartphone, tablet..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

The mobile market is rapid growth, but it seems like a closed system, i.e in the old days people can build they own PC and have great knowledge about what is inside it (PC) but not many discussion about building smartphone or tablet can be found..
IMO, building them is not rocket science as the market has almost all the modules, just stick them together, or am I wrong? Can anyone share some light on this rapid growing field? How hard to build them? Can fresh designs and innovations get into the market?

Regards

Those modles does ecsists and most of the rocket science is to do the antenna correct :). Main problem for us "deadly" people is to gain access to those modules for affortable price as the vendors normally keeps people out of reach of those chips and modules. But it sure is possible. The fastest way to build a (huge though) first tablet is to buy a BeagleBoard pcb with the TI DaVinci chip and connect some add-ons to that. To do a complete unit should be possible within 400 - 500 USD. At least it is my guestimate.
Do the first, the second and then You have some close to final result :).

Status
Not open for further replies.