Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i can built an voltage stabilizer for i/p 150vac to 175vac & o/p 220vac using pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

electromind

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how i can built an voltage stabilizer for i/p 150vac to 175vac & o/p 220vac using pic

hi friends ,
i want to make acvoltage stab. using 16f877a ,anybody give me some idea about . plz help me.

Re: how i can built an voltage stabilizer for i/p 150vac to 175vac & o/p 220vac using

Is this intended to power house appliances? This will not be easy to do. It involves converting tens (maybe hundreds) of watts of electricity.

Or is it intended to power low voltage devices? This will be much easier. You may not need to boost the house voltage.

Re: how i can built an voltage stabilizer for i/p 150vac to 175vac & o/p 220vac using

Is this intended to power house appliances? This will not be easy to do. It involves converting tens (maybe hundreds) of watts of electricity.

Or is it intended to power low voltage devices? This will be much easier. You may not need to boost the house voltage.

thanx 4 reply,
will u plz, suggest me any circuit for this work.

- - - Updated - - -

thanx 4 reply,
will u plz, suggest me any circuit for this work.

Please describe any efforts you have made up to now.

I suppose you have unstable grid power? The news reported the massive blackout in July of this year, across half of India.

Unfortunately it is not an easy problem to solve. A pic can only do things with low DC voltage. However you wish to work with high voltage AC, which destroys low voltage devices.

There is such a thing as a step-up auto-former. It operates very much like a transformer, although it has just one coil (which saves some expense).

If you were to obtain one that steps up 40 percent, that would bring the mains AC into a normal volt range. You would need one rated at the amount of watts you need to run the appliance.

The autoformer ought to have multiple terminals, which you can select to take power at plus or minus several percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back