Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DXF is too large to fit in Altium Designer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pash119

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to import a DXF file in Altium designer . But the DXF is too large to accomodate in Altium sheet.
What is the way to increase the Sheet Size?
While i import DXF , a line in RED is displayed like
"Size=5454.6085mm(214748.365mil) x 5454.6085mm(214748.365mils)"
After importing , desired portion of the DXF gets clipped.

How to increase the total area in the background to accomodate all DXF or else i need to change the DXF ?

you need to change the scale in the import dialog box. sometimes this does not work when the dxf was exported with the the wrong scale.

Yes loosemoose is right check the units of DXF and your tool and I donot think scaling down of DXF during import will be good option.
otherwise altiun has the option of assigning custom sheet sizes, do some internet surfing.

please check if you have selected proper unit (mm or mil).

BEST

Thanks for the reply ...

Yes, when i scaled down while importing the DXF. Its gets imported but when i measured the dimension , its gets scaled value.
I want one to one mapping. so i made scale = 1. but this time my drawing gets clipped because of its large size.

Any option to increase the total area of the screen content so that my drawing could accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back