Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some questions regarding pic microcontroller programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosfet12

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While doing programming to use different registers,bank changing is necessary. Suppose to use a register i moved to bank 1 program and can i continue programming from bank1 till the changeover is necessary or i have to goback to bank o all the time to continue the programming.

As long as all the registers you're accessing at that point are in bank 1, you don't need to switch back to bank 0. Bank changing is necessary when you'll access a register which is not in the same bank as the one you're in.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi,

What Tahmid says is correct, however its perhaps better to switch back to bank 0 otherwise you may not realise you are still in bank 1.

Are you using the 'banksel TRISA ' directive rather than the bcf STATUS,RP0 etc ; its easier to use , just use banksel 0 to return to bank0

If you use the 18F chips all the system registers are in one bank and the user registers are in 256 byte banks so its so much easier to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.