Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internal & External path violation fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_dawood

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All ,

I have internal and external violations in my design . By Internal I mean Reg to reg paths, By external I mean " Input pin to reg " and " reg to output pin " .
How to I go about fixing them ?? Should I remove my internal and external setup violations first and then fix hold ? Or should I fix both seupt and hold internally and then go to external violations ???

Thanks

Hi All ,

I have internal and external violations in my design . By Internal I mean Reg to reg paths, By external I mean " Input pin to reg " and " reg to output pin " .
How to I go about fixing them ?? Should I remove my internal and external setup violations first and then fix hold ? Or should I fix both seupt and hold internally and then go to external violations ???

Thanks

I think you'd better fix R2R setup timing , then fix all hold timing for R2R , IO path.
Finally, you'd better clear all hold, if setup spec can not meet, you can slow down the clock frequency to meet.

For input to reg or reg to output violations, you should know if you have any timing constraint for this I/O.
If not, you could relax the I/O to/from reg timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back