+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 4

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Internal & External path violation fixing

Hi All ,

I have internal and external violations in my design . By Internal I mean Reg to reg paths, By external I mean " Input pin to reg " and " reg to output pin " .
    How to I go about fixing them ?? Should I remove my internal and external setup violations first and then fix hold ? Or should I fix both seupt and hold internally and then go to external violations ???

Thanks

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 5

Helped
    2 / 2
    Level

Re: Internal & External path violation fixing

Quote Originally Posted by syed_dawood View Post
    Hi All ,

I have internal and external violations in my design . By Internal I mean Reg to reg paths, By external I mean " Input pin to reg " and " reg to output pin " .
    How to I go about fixing them ?? Should I remove my internal and external setup violations first and then fix hold ? Or should I fix both seupt and hold internally and then go to external violations ???

Thanks
    I think you'd better fix R2R setup timing , then fix all hold timing for R2R , IO path.
    Finally, you'd better clear all hold, if setup spec can not meet, you can slow down the clock frequency to meet.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 4
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    354 / 354
    Level

Re: Internal & External path violation fixing

For input to reg or reg to output violations, you should know if you have any timing constraint for this I/O.
    If not, you could relax the I/O to/from reg timing.

--[[ ]]--