Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

could somebody help me about creating or using memory field at FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryingsth

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm new at FPGA and I'm trying to make a project with this. According to my my project I must use a memory on FPGA. Because I'm calculating the average of integers which are comes at 1 clk pulse. From 6*6 matrix I must get 9 integer numbers one by one and I must calculate the average and then I save this average in a new matris. But I get an error about getting integers at 1 clk. As I said I'm beginner so I need your helps.Could you have any idea? Thanks.

In VHDL or Verilog?
Is your memory 2 Dimensional or 3D?
I didn't understand what your project is, but I can tell you how to write a memory.

In VHDL or Verilog?
Is your memory 2 Dimensional or 3D?
I didn't understand what your project is, but I can tell you how to write a memory.

Sorry I forgot tell them. In VHDL for now I have 6*6 matrix and I try to apply avering filter. So I need a memory but I'm new at FPGA and I don't know using or creating memory and its dimension. I need help.Could you explain detailed?

Well
First of all you should know the architecture of memory. You've got to be familiar with concept of I/O of the memory such as input data, address, output data and etc.
In simple word, Memory is a collection of registers, which can hold the required data and is able to transfer data IN and OUT of itself.
But for better understanding You need to search on the web to realize these concepts.
Then, you are will be able to encounter HDLs (like VHDL) and write code for your project.
This can be a good point to start
**broken link removed**

Well
First of all you should know the architecture of memory. You've got to be familiar with concept of I/O of the memory such as input data, address, output data and etc.
In simple word, Memory is a collection of registers, which can hold the required data and is able to transfer data IN and OUT of itself.
But for better understanding You need to search on the web to realize these concepts.
Then, you are will be able to encounter HDLs (like VHDL) and write code for your project.
This can be a good point to start
**broken link removed**

really thank you so much. Technically I get lessons about a memory but I have no practice. I want to ask sth. As I understand FPGA has own memory. And I must use this. Am I wrong? Can I directly use the memory? Or I have to write a code which works like memory.

I can ask silly thinks. I apologize for this :-(

really thank you so much. Technically I get lessons about a memory but I have no practice. I want to ask sth. As I understand FPGA has own memory. And I must use this. Am I wrong? Can I directly use the memory? Or I have to write a code which works like memory.

I can ask silly thinks. I apologize for this :-(

It depends on your synthesis tool. In the old versions of synthesis tool, there were some "written" codes in synthesis tools and you had to instant those available written codes.
But in newer synthesis tools, there is no need to do this. You can write your own memory and synthesis tools support it.
Now you have to concentrate on learning "Memory Architecture" as I mentioned before.

You're welcome. It's not silly at all. Every person, who starts learning, encounters these kinds of problems. Don't feel ashamed at all.

It depends on your synthesis tool. In the old versions of synthesis tool, there were some "written" codes in synthesis tools and you had to instant those available written codes.
But in newer synthesis tools, there is no need to do this. You can write your own memory and synthesis tools support it.
Now you have to concentrate on learning "Memory Architecture" as I mentioned before.

You're welcome. It's not silly at all. Every person, who starts learning, encounters these kinds of problems. Don't feel ashamed at all.

thank you. I'm working on it.I hope I'll overcome this. Thanks again and again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back